Conference Dates / Location
- Dates: August 30 - September 2, 2022
- Location: University of Salamanca, Spain, at the Faculty of Philology
- Individuals: $100.00 USD All Access
- Students: $60.00 USD All Access
- Institutional Members: Institutional Members have 10 free conference registrations. If you are a member of these organizations, please contact them to inquire about this benefit: https://associationforiranianstudies.org/membership/ais-institutional-members
Information about the conference venue
- The conference venue is at the Faculty of Philology of the University of Salamanca, Spain: https://www.usal.es/facultad-de-filologia
- For information about the Salamanca university https://www.usal.es/pt
- For information about Salamanca, Spain: http://www.salamancaconventionbureau.com/en/
Accommodation for 2022 will be added to this page when the Conference Chair has updated information in a few months. Additionally, participants should not book rooms at the Colegio Fonseca until availability for 2022 is confirmed on this page.
- Fly into Madrid Adolfo Suarez International Airport (MAD)
- Take a direct bus to Salamanca from T1 or T4. For tickets (https://www.avanzabus.com/ ). The bus is very convenient and comfortable and has WiFi
- There is a train from Madrid Chamartin Train Station (https://www.renfe.com)
- Please hold off making bus and train arrangements until details regarding discounts are availalbe. Keep checking this page in the next couple of weeks.
- There will be a sightseeing tour in Salamanca on the evening of August 31. Please register now with your name and number of participants. The fee will depend on the number of sightseers and will be paid directly to the company. (https://associationforiranianstudies.org/conferences/2022/sightseeing-tour)
Publishers book your space
more info to follow
Instructions for 2020 submissions and registrations
The conference is being planned as an in-person conference. Participants in the program who cannot attend can present their already accepted papers or posters online. The Faculty of Philology installed cameras on each computer of each room for online teaching in 2020-21, and they will be available for the AIS biennial
Submissions fall into 3 distinct categories:
- 1- Participants of AIS 2020 who already registered and will present their previous submission either in-person or online: You are automatically approved and registered for 2022 using your submission for 2020. If you want to do a different paper, go to Option 2 below.
- 2- Participants of AIS 2020 who already registered but would like to change their previous submission: You don't need to register for the conference and only have to submit a new proposal. (which will be peer-reviewed) If you were not registered or accepted for 2020, please go with Option 3 below to submit a proposal and pre-register 2022.
- 3- New participants who will present in-person/online: You need to register/pay for the 2022 conference and submit your proposal for peer review.
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Proposal Submission (New participants)
- The submission page is now open to receive new proposals for papers, panels and roundtables. The deadline for proposal submission is July 30 2021 (11:59 Pacific Time). Please follow the instructions on the AIS submission guideline.
Website technical problems firstname.lastname@example.org
General inquiries email@example.com
For all inquiries in regard to the conference logistics contact THE PROGRAM CHAIR Dr. Miguel Ángel Andrés-Toledo at firstname.lastname@example.org
AIS gratefully acknowledges the following sponsors of the Thirteenth Biennial Conference
Poster Contest Results
The Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Salamanca organized a logo and poster contest for their students for the AIS 2020 Biennial Conference.The AIS Conference Chair along with two Professors of Design selected the 8 finalists on this page from more than 70 proposals.