Conference Dates / Location
- Dates: August 30 - September 2, 2022
- Location: University of Salamanca, Spain, at the Faculty of Philology
- Individuals: $100.00 USD All Access
- Students: $60.00 USD All Access
- Institutional Members: Institutional Members have 10 free conference registrations. If you are a member of these organizations, please contact them to inquire about this benefit: https://associationforiranianstudies.org/membership/ais-institutional-members
Information about the conference venue
- The conference venue is at the Faculty of Philology of the University of Salamanca, Spain: https://www.usal.es/facultad-de-filologia
- For information about the Salamanca university https://www.usal.es/pt
- For information about Salamanca, Spain: http://www.salamancaconventionbureau.com/en/
- Fly into Madrid Adolfo Suarez International Airport (MAD)
- Take a direct bus to Salamanca from T1 or T4. For tickets (https://www.avanzabus.com/ ). The bus is very convenient and comfortable and has WiFi
- There is a train from Madrid Chamartin Train Station (https://www.renfe.com)
- Please hold off making bus and train arrangements until details regarding discounts are availalbe. Keep checking this page in the next couple of weeks.
- There will be a sightseeing tour in Salamanca on the evening of August 31. Please register now with your name and number of participants. The fee will depend on the number of sightseers and will be paid directly to the company. (https://associationforiranianstudies.org/conferences/2022/sightseeing-tour)
Publishers book your space
more info to follow
Instructions for 2020 submissions and registrations
The conference is being planned as an in-person conference. Participants in the program who cannot attend can present their already accepted papers or posters online. The Faculty of Philology installed cameras on each computer of each room for online teaching in 2020-21, and they will be available for the AIS biennialSubmissions fall into 4 distinct categories:
- Participants of the AIS2020 who will present in person their previously accepted paper / poster / panel / roundtable / special session with no change. No extra fees will be charged in this case.
- Participants of the AIS2020 who will present online their previously accepted paper / poster / panel / roundtable / special session with no change. No extra fees will be charged in this case.
- Participants of the AIS2020 who will present in person / online their previously accepted paper / poster / panel / roundtable / special session, but want to change its topic. No extra fees will be charged in this case, but these participants must undergo the review process again.
- New participants who will present in person / online. They must pay the fees and undergo the review process.
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Proposal Submission (New participants)
- The submission page is now open to receive new proposals for papers, panels and roundtables. The deadline for proposal submission is July 30 2021 (11:59 Pacific Time). Please follow the instructions on the AIS submission guideline.
Website technical problems email@example.com
General inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
For all inquiries in regard to the conference logistics contact THE PROGRAM CHAIR Dr. Miguel Ángel Andrés-Toledo at email@example.com
AIS gratefully acknowledges the following sponsors of the Thirteenth Biennial Conference
Poster Contest Results
The Faculty of Fine Arts at the University of Salamanca organized a logo and poster contest for their students for the AIS 2020 Biennial Conference.The AIS Conference Chair along with two Professors of Design selected the 8 finalists on this page from more than 70 proposals.