Over the next few days email notifications about the results of adjudication of your paper/panel proposal will be sent to the email address on your account. When you login to your member account you will be able to read the email in the ‘my submission’ link in the red panel . You will be able to download the pdf version of the acceptance letter from your AIS accounts and use it as confirmation for your institutional administrators. All individually submitted papers have been organized into panels for scheduling purposes and you will be able to see your placement when the preliminary program is available. We will turn our attention to the preliminary program schedule soon and will share a link to it on this page when it is available.November 13, 2017
Conference Dates / Location
- Dates: August 14th-17th-2018
- Location: University of California, Irvine, at the Jordan Center for Persian Studies and Culture
Registration Fees We strongly encourage MEMBERS to pre-register.
- Individuals: $100.00 USD All Access
- Students: $60.00 USD All Access
Begins Tuesday August 14th, 2018 University of California, Irvine at the Jordan Center for Persian Studies and Culture.The on-site registrations fees are:
- Individuals: $140.00 USD All Access (Cash Only);
- Students: $80.00 USD All Access (Cash Only, student ID required )
POSTED OCTOBER 16 2017: FOR MEMBERS WHO HAVE SUBMITTED PROPOSALS FOR THE 2018 BIENNIAL CONFERENCE PROGRAM PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PLAN IS TO SEND NOTIFICATIONS ABOUT ADJUDICATION RESULTS BY 15 NOVEMBER.
- The conference venue is at the Jordan Center for Persian Studies and Culture of University of California, Irvine 1st Floor Humanities Gateway Irvine, CA 92697-3370
- IT/AV/wifi & tech support will be availalbe in conference rooms.
- For informtion about the university uci.edu
- For information about Irvine, California:http://www.cityofirvine.org/
- Presentation Guidelines: Each panel is allotted 90 minutes. Ideally, presentations should be completed within the first 60 minutes. Therefore, presenters should endeavor to confine their initial remarks to 15 minutes.
Panel discussants should confine their initial remarks to 10 minutes, after the completion of the research presentations.
Panel chairs are tasked with monitoring the time allotted to each presenter and the discussant, as well as recognizing questions from the floor. Panel chairs have the discretion to allow (or disallow) a paper to be read for a panelist who is prevented by last-minute and unavoidable circumstances from attending the conference. However, as the purpose of the conference is to facilitate scholarly dialogue among attendees, it is preferable for chairs to allocate any additional time to presenters in attendance (equally) or to the question and answer period. In the event that a chair is unable to attend the conference (and no discussant is available to assume the responsibility), the panelists should moderate the panel collaboratively in accordance with the presentation guidelines for Research Panels stated above. Panels organized by the Program Chair from individual submissions have been assigned a chir, often from among the scheduled presenters.
- Please be advised that, per longstanding policy, 2018 AIS Conference participants may only present one paper at the conference. If more than one paper abstract is submitted for consideration, only the first one received will be forwarded to the program committee for consideration. There are other ways to participate in multiple panels--as chair, discussant or as an attentive member of the audience (much appreciated by presenters). Participating in a Roundtable in addition to presenting a paper is fine.
Roundtables: Each panel is allotted 90 minutes, but the primary purpose of the Roundtable is to facilitate discussion. Therefore, Roundtable contributors should confine their initial remarks to 5 minutes (with the understanding that they will have other opportunities in the course of the discussion to elaborate on their perspective). POLICY REGARDING PARTICIPANT WITHDRAWALS If you cannot attend, then the expectation is that you should withdraw from the program. If there is a last minute problem, it would be at the discretion of the chair of your panel as to whether to permit your paper to be read. As panels are pressed for time, yielding that time to one's colleagues is likely to be preferred.
Website technical problems firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference program email@example.com
General inquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
AVAILABLE FUNDING FOR CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS
UCI Armenian Studies will provide financial assistance (form of such assistance and details to be determined) to AIS members for accepted papers and pre-organized panels on topics related to Armenians and Iran or the Persianate world. Contact :Houri Berberian Professor of History Meghrouni Family Presidential Chair in Armenian Studies University of California, Irvine: email@example.com